Last Revised: 01/01/2021
If you have any questions regarding this Policy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Information” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Information and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- Information You Provide to Us.
- If you create an account by registering directly with us, we will request your name, e-mail, and password.
- When you order products or begin a subscription, we will collect information necessary to process your order such as your shipping and billing information and payment information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post content on our Services such as a review, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see it, along with your first name and last initial. The information that you provide will be visible to others, including anonymous visitors to the Site.
- We may also collect Personal Information at other points in our Site and Services that state that Personal Information is being collected.
- Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Information.
- Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
- Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies, ” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies.
- Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to create an account and/or purchase our products, we will collect your and the third party’s contact information in order to send a message to the third party and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain consent from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to collect such information and contact the third party as described in the foregoing sentence. You or the third party may contact us at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from our database.
- Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from certain third parties, such as our partners, affiliates, and service providers. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to provide and improve our Services.
- Use of Your Personal Information
- General Use. In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better and providing you with a great user experience through our Services. We use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- provide you with Services and other opportunities which we think may be of interest to you;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as order confirmations, order status updates, security, or support and maintenance advisories;
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Wavee; and
- in any other manner stated on our Site or Services.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
- Users. If you post comments on our Site, you will be identified by your first name and last initial. Please note that any Personal Information you include on a public area of the Site will be publicly viewable. Once displayed publicly, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put data such as private contact information which you do not want to make available to the public in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Site, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
- Partners. We may share your e-mail with partners with whom we have entered into agreements for direct marketing purposes. If you decide you would like to opt-out from these e-mails, you will need to follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the applicable partner e-mail communications and/or contact the applicable partner(s) to unsubscribe from future communications. Since Wavee does not control or manage the privacy practices of each third party it is advised to read and understand their privacy policies.
- Third Party Payment Processing. For online payments and/or Automated Clearing House (ACH) payouts, we use the payment services of Stripe (https://stripe.com) and PayPal (http://www.paypal.com). We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please refer to https://stripe.com/us/privacy and https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
- Your Choices Regarding Information. You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
- Mobile Opt-out. We may provide you messages, including marketing, via SMS service, WAP or mobile services. You may opt-out of these messages from us by replying “STOP” or following the instructions provided in the message.
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above.
- De-Linking SNS. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account.
You can request that any Personal Information stored by Wavee be deleted at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may require you to provide certain information to verify that it is you making the request.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication.
Children and Privacy
We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children in connection with the features of our Sites or Services. If Wavee becomes aware that an individual under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information through our Sites or Services, we will attempt to delete this information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have and Personal Information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
Visitors That Reside Outside Canada
We provide these Sites and Services for the purpose of creating an enjoyable experience for its customers within Canada. The laws governing the collection and use of information within Canada may be different from the laws of your country. If you decide to use our Site or Services, or share your Personal Information with Us, you are agreeing to be governed by the laws of Canada, and you are expressly consenting to the transfer of your data to Canada. In addition, your Personal Information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including Canada, where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By providing your data, you consent to such processing and transfer.
How Do you Protect My Information
Wavee takes the security of your Personal Information very seriously. We use reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure the Personal Information you share with us. Despite these safeguards and our additional efforts to secure your information, We cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your Personal Information.
The security of your use of your account relies on your protection of your username and password. You may not share your username and password with anyone. If you believe that unauthorized access to your account has occurred please report it immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must promptly notify us if you become aware that any information provided by or submitted to your account has been lost, stolen, or used without permission. We will never ask you to send your password or other sensitive information to us in an email, though we may ask you to enter this type of information on a Wavee website.
Any email or other communication purporting to be from one of our websites requesting your password or asking you to provide sensitive account information via email, should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious and should be reported to us immediately by emailing email@example.com. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your password, please change it immediately by logging in to your account and selecting the provided option to change your password and report it immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do I Contact Wavee?
To contact us with your questions or comments regarding this Policy or the information collection and dissemination practices of this website, please email us at email@example.com.
This Policy is governed by the laws of Ontario, Canada without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law.